This Spring Island home costs $5.95 million, but its inspiration is free.
This quintessential Lowcountry Spring Island home is listed by Spring Island Realty for $5,950,000. Overlooking the Colleton River off the Port Royal Sound on a 2.83-acre wooded lot dotted with live oaks draped with Spanish moss, the splendor of this home is breathtaking. Between the stunning home and adorable three-bedroom guest cottage, you can entertain a large group or enjoy the serenity of Spring Island. If you’re not ready to move in quite yet, the décor is inspiration for the interior designer in all of us.
What we love
1. Mix up patterns. Blue beadboard, animal print stools and seashell carpet and pillows all work together.
2. 50 shades of blue. From the teal fish on the right wall to the navy in the pillows to the pale blue sofa, blues work together swimmingly. LOCAL Life loves blue, so of course we are going crazy over these rooms.
3. Old and new. The antique hutch fits right in with the fresh coastal accents and elegant grand piano. Don’t be afraid to combine styles to create your own.
4. Be daring. In all the homes we have seen and featured, we have never seen the inside of a fireplace with a herringbone brick, painted black. It works.
Pro tip: Give your cushions a karate chop to look less rigid.
Just the facts
• 8,200 square feet
• 6 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms
• Deepwater dock with easy access to the Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal Waterway. Spa/hot tub, private dock, boat lift, outdoor shower, screened porches, exquisite landscaping.