Ways to expand and elevate your closet
Just like any other part of your house, your closet should be just the way you want it. Putting in the time and effort to create the perfect space for yourself is essential to having your dream-worthy home. Clothing, accessories and shoes can truly be an investment. It is important to keep these valuable pieces safe and organized. Closets by Design shows five different ways to make your closet your new “bathroom spa” by incorporating different storage ideas, organizational tips and how to showcase pieces you love.
1. Solely for her shoes. The ultimate fantasy for many women is a custom shoe closet to showcase their sandals, stilettos and boots. Just like Carrie Bradshaw said, “Don’t give me a diamond, just give me a big closet.”
2. Eye-catching organization. Get creative with velvet. Keep your rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets preserved and organized with velvet-lined compartments in shallow drawers. Now you won’t forget about that fabulous turquoise necklace you bought 20 years ago! Locks should be added for more valuable pieces.
3. Show the shades. Be honest, many of us own more than 10 pairs of sunglasses. This custom sunglass drawer gives you an easy way to showcase them and select a favorite pair for your outfit.
4. Forget about the game. A man cave isn’t just for sports and big-screen TVs. Showcase sneakers against darker woods complemented by LED lighting, and he will be spending more time perfecting that ensemble than his golf game.
5. De-crease the clutter. Tired of pulling out a large ironing board every time you need to touch up your linen shirts and pants? Incorporate an easily accessible pullout ironing board in your closet that cleverly hides when not in use.