Minor enhancements & upgrades that make a major difference.
Secrets to steal from our featured home:
1. Take it outside Outdoor rugs add texture, softness to hard exterior surfaces, and color to outdoor living areas. Use them to anchor seating groups. Performance fabrics are available for both indoor and outdoor use. Exclusive sources like Manual Canovas have designed patterns in both indoor and outdoor materials that give the consumer opportunities to have both high style and easy maintenance.
2. Dare to be bold “We chose a striking periwinkle blue LaCornue range and custom hood by LaSource to set the tone in the kitchen,” said Huntley. Follow up that bold stoke by repeating the color in adjoining areas as Huntley did in painting the back-kitchen cabinets the same color. Repeating the color in counterstool fabric and on pillows on the custom seating area in the dining room tie the space together.
3. Find the treasure and light it up! In the library a slab of green onyx was back lit and framed by LaSource to provide drama at the wet bar. The artwork was the inspiration to use peridot leather chairs and rich purple grasscloth on the walls to make the room a dramatic space.
4. Make it special Unique light fixtures are eye-catching and make a huge statement on their own. It’s also important to layer lighting. In this home there is soft ambient lighting behind the bar, in the library, powder room and master bath. Fire pots at the pool add their own special effects.
5. Pull it together Ensure collections have the appropriate spaces to maximize the visual impact. Instead of traditional linear bookshelves, design special spaces to highlight art and decorative accessories. Don’t forget to include proper lighting!