Are you ready for Mensa?
American Mensa is where brilliance belongs – it’s where friendships are forged for life, business connections and opportunities are made, and where brilliant minds find the chance to engage with others in an intellectually stimulating environment.
Just for LOCAL Life readers: Take the Mensa Practice Test for just $5! Visit americanmensa.org/mht and use offer code: Local21.
1. Find the word that fits the definitions below when it’s 1) a whole word and 2) divided into two separate words.
1) Whole word: an animal
2) Two words: a. to breathe quickly b. a personal pronoun
2. Find the whole number that best completes this sequence.
6, 2 = 4 8, 4 = 3 12, 6 = 3 16, 4 = ?
3. One piece of material is nine inches plus half its length. How long would the piece of material and half of itself be?
4. How many common English words can you make from the letters below, using all five letters once in each word?
A C E P R
5. The 25 letters below can be anagrammed into a six-word proverb about the negative consequences of an overpopulated kitchen. The enumeration is (3 4 5 5 3 5). What is the proverb?
A B C E H H I K L M N O O O O O O P R S S S T T T Y
- 1) panther 2a) pant 2b) her
- 5 (Divide the first number by the second number and add 1.)
- 27 inches (The material is 18 inches long, or 9 inches plus 9 inches (half of 18). The length of the material plus half its own length is 18 inches plus 9 inches, or 27 inches.)
- CAPER, CRAPE, PACER, RECAP
- Too many cooks spoil the broth.