Are you ready for Mensa?
American Mensa is where brilliance belongs – it’s where friendships are forged for life, business connections and opportunities are made, and where brilliant minds find the chance to engage with others in an intellectually stimulating environment.
Just for LOCAL Life readers: Take the Mensa Practice Test for just $5! Visit americanmensa.org/mht and use offer code: Local20.
Quiz © 2018 Dr. Abbie F. Salny
1. An eight-letter word is spelled out in the box below. Find it by beginning with the correct letter and moving clockwise or counterclockwise around the box using each letter only once.
2. Rearrange the words below to form the names of four plants.
Lamp Envied Adored Panes
3. Following the pattern, fill in the missing number below.
4. The Great Detective was investigating a gambling ring on a ship. One suspect insisted he had been a navigation officer on a ship that made the Panama Canal trip. He described plotting the ship’s course from east to west, from the Atlantic to the Pacific. How did the Great Detective know the man had not been a navigation officer?
5. Unscramble the letters in each “pie” segment below, then find the missing letter that completes each word. (The missing letter, indicated by the question mark, is the same for each word.)
- Palm, Endive, Deodar, Aspen
- 62 (the days of the month doubled)
- Because ships going through the canal from the Atlantic to the Pacific don’t go east to west, but from west to east. The isthmus has a sharp bend and ships sail east from the Atlantic.
- The missing letter is “Q”: QUESTION, INQUIRY, INQUEST, QUICK.