Are you ready for Mensa?
American Mensa is where brilliance belongs – it’s where friendships are forged for life, business connections and opportunities are made, and where brilliant minds find the chance to engage with others in an intellectually stimulating environment.
Just for LOCAL Life readers: Take the Mensa Practice Test for just $5! Visit americanmensa.org/mht and use offer code: Local21.
1. The names of two colors are hidden in the sentence below. Can you find them? (The letters are in consecutive order.)
I was tired and couldn’t make the pie or angel food cake I promised.
2. Find the number that best completes the following sequence.
49 36 25 __ 9 4 1
3. What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same eight letters, can be used to complete the sentences below?
The non-green thumb gardener was having trouble with her ___________. A friend told her “It’s obvious that the pot lacks good ________.”
4. Start with the number of trombones, add the number of days in Around the World in _______ Days, then divide by the number of cities in A Tale of ___ Cities. What number did you get?
5. Some letters have been removed from the names of the following American cities. Fill in the missing letters to find out where you are.
S _ _ R _ _ _ _ O
P _ _ AL _ _ A
_ _ B _ K _ N
P _ _ R _ E
M _ _ T _ O M _ _ _
T _ L _ _ H _ _ S _ _
- red, orange
- 16 (The numbers are the squares of 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.)
- gardenia, drainage
- 78 (76 + 80 ÷ 2 = 78)
- SACRAMENTO, PETALUMA, HOBOKEN, PIERRE, MONTGOMERY, TALLAHASSEE