Are you ready for Mensa?
American Mensa is where brilliance belongs – it’s where friendships are forged for life, business connections and opportunities are made, and where brilliant minds find the chance to engage with others in an intellectually stimulating environment.
Just for LOCAL Life readers: Take the Mensa Practice Test for just $5! Visit americanmensa.org/mht and use offer code: Local20.
- Fill in the blanks to complete the word below.
U _ _ H _ R A _ _ _ R _ S _ _ C
- Complete the couplets below with words that are pronounced the same but spelled differently.
It’s not permitted, not ______________ To read your paperback ______________
Her haircut left her almost ______________ She grabbed a tissue and she ______________
My broker called me on his ______________ To tell me not to buy, but ______________
The transit worker wasn’t ______________ And made me pay an extra ______________
- What one letter, indicated by the question mark, combines with the letters in each box to form a common word?
- There is only one common English word that is an anagram of DIRECTIONS. What is it?
5. Some greedy parents raided their daughter Melissa’s piggy bank. They got out a grand total of $8.20, with the same number of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. How many of each?
- allowed, aloud; bald, bawled; cell, sell; fair, fare
- Z (HAZARD, ZEALOUS, LIZARD, ZEALOT)
- $20 (The total value of one penny, one nickel, one dime and one quarter is 41¢. $8.20 ÷ $0.41 = 20. Therefore, there are 20 of each coin in the piggy bank.)