Are you ready for Mensa?
American Mensa is where brilliance belongs – it’s where friendships are forged for life, business connections and opportunities are made, and where brilliant minds find the chance to engage with others in an intellectually stimulating environment.
Just for LOCAL Life readers: Take the Mensa Practice Test for just $5! Visit americanmensa.org/mht and use offer code: Local21.
1. A variation on a proverb is coiled in the grid on the right. To spell it out, start with an “I” and move to the adjacent letter in any direction. All letters will be used exactly once.
Hint: The enumeration – that is the number of letters in each word, plus punctuation – is (2 2 5 3 3’1 7, 3 9 9).
2. What two six-letter words that are anagrams of each other can be used to complete the sentence below?
After colliding on their downhill run, the two __ __ __ __ __ __ got into a huge brawl and one smacked the other right in the __ __ __ __ __ __.
3. What number is one more than one-fifth of one-half of one-half of 1,000?
4. Fill in the blanks to complete the word.
T __ E __ L __ G __ C __ L __ Y
5. Allan is twice as old as Gloria was three years ago. In three years, Gloria will be as old as Allan is now. How old are Allan and Gloria now?
- If at first you don’t succeed, try something different.
- skiers, kisser
- 51 ((1,000 ÷ 20) + 1 = 51. The divided by 20 is 1/5 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/20.)
- Allan is 12; Gloria is 9.