Are you ready for Mensa?
American Mensa is where brilliance belongs – it’s where friendships are forged for life, business connections and opportunities are made, and where brilliant minds find the chance to engage with others in an intellectually stimulating environment.
Just for LOCAL Life readers: Take the Mensa Practice Test for just $5! Visit americanmensa.org/mht and use offer code: Local20.
Quiz © 2018 Dr. Abbie F. Salny
1. Fill in the blanks to complete the names of three North American cities.
_ I _ _ I _ _ G _ N _ A _ _ L _ _ _ A _ _ S _ _ A
2. Fill in the missing letter.
15, 8 S 9, 6 T 2, 1 O 7, 5 T 11, 3 ?
3. Start with the number of fiddlers who serenaded King Cole, add the number of jurors on a traditional jury panel (no alternates, please), then add the number of moons revolving around the third planet from the sun. What number did you get?
4. Rachel is now twice as old as Ryan will be in one year. Two years ago, Rachel was four times as old as Ryan was then. In two years, she’ll be twice as old as Ryan will be then. Neither is a teenager. How old are Rachel and Ryan now?
5. A simple substitution code has been used to conceal a “quote.” Work out the code to decipher the original words.
23-18-23 2-12-6 13-12-7-18-24-22
7-19-26-7 24-26-14-22-15-12-7 24-26-13
18-13-7-12 14-26-15-22 24-12-7?
- WINNIPEG, ANNAPOLIS, SARASOTA
- E (Subtract the second number from the first and take the first letter of the spelled-out result: eight.)
- 16 (3 + 12 + 1)
- Rachel is ten, Ryan is four.
- Did you notice that Camelot can be anagrammed into male cot? (Code: A = 26, B = 25, C = 24, etc.)