Why show off your messy living room when you can video chat with a virtual background?
The Zoom video chat app has become very popular and paramount during this time. Many of you may have discovered a fun little setting that transforms your video background from the room behind you to outer space or the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge, but have you played around with uploading a custom image? LOCAL Life has created a library of images to choose from below. Feel free to download and impress your colleagues, clients, friends or others on your next call. No more embarrassing temporary “home office” spaces filled with kid’s toys, piles of laundry, chewed up dog toys and more. Look professional and put together with these backgrounds.
How to Change Your Zoom Background
1. In the Zoom app, click your profile in the top right corner, and click Settings.
2. On the menu to the left, click Virtual Background.
3. You’ll see a few default background options provided by Zoom, including an outer space scene or blades of grass. You can choose one of those by clicking on it, and it will automatically change your screen as well. There’s also an option for if you have a green screen and want to use that.
4. If you want to upload a photo to use as your background, on the same Virtual Background Page, click the + icon next to where it says Choose Virtual Background. A box will pop up allowing you to upload a photo from your computer. Click on the one you want, and it will appear alongside the other pictures as an option for you to choose from.
1. When you log into your account and join a meeting, tap the three dots at the bottom right of the screen to open the More menu.
2. Tap Virtual Background.
3. Select a background from the default options, or upload your own.
- Not all computers are compatible with virtual backgrounds. Make sure you have downloaded the most recent software update.
- If the logo appears backward, make sure in your Zoom video settings you uncheck the box for “mirror my video.”