The most popular beach on Hilton Head Island is Coligny Beach. Grab a drink at one of the local restaurants or Tiki Hut beach bar and grab a spot on the beach! Coligny is a great spot to hang out with friends and family, people watch, play games on the beach or do a little shopping at the nearby shops.
Monday through Sunday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Winter Hours (DST Ends):
Monday through Sunday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
April 1 – September 30: Dogs are allowed before 10 a.m. and after 5 p.m. with Leash or Voice Control
October-March – Anytime with Leash or Voice Control
Accessible. Free beach wheelchair reservations available.
Free / public
- Beach Matting and Beach Boardwalk
- Free parking at Pope Ave
- Bike Racks Available
- Outdoor Shower
- Seasonal Life Guards
- Chair and umbrella rentals are available
- Most Popular Beach on HHI
- Named after French Huguenot Admiral Gaspard de Coligny
- Water fountain for kids to play in
- Nearby shops at Coligny Plaza
- Beach Volleyball
- Restaurants Nearby in Coligny Plaza
- Relax in the swings and wooden chairs under shaded gazebos