The closets certainly were not an afterthought in this Lowcountry dream home.
Like kitchens and bathrooms, closets are now the focal point of many homes. For this glamorous closet, the homeowner worked with her personal decorator and the design and production team from Closets by Design to transform a space from a home expansion into the closet of her dreams.
The overall design and color palate convey the aura of a designer boutique, blending elegance and warmth with spaciousness, comfort and functionality.
Standout features include:
- Glass door panels
- Dimmable mood lighting
- Shelves that display while protecting clothing, shoes and handbags
- A large center island with a built-in wine cooler
- Tilt-out hampers
- Slanted shoe shelves
- A hidden ironing board
- Jewelry and sunglass drawers and pull-out trays with dividers
- Abundant counter space and cubbies for displaying photos and artwork
- Sitting area along one side of the main closet